Friday, August 9, 2013

Records

Today was a day for records.  First off I shot at 50 yards.  Now seeing as my groups have been pretty bad due to lack of practice, I was slightly worried about hitting the target at that range.  Turns out I wasn't too far off.  I definitely had arrows all over the target, but I didn't miss.  Fortunately out here I won't be making any hail mary shots as there are very few places where I would even have the opportunity to take a 50 yard or longer shot.

For the second record I let loose over 80 arrows today.  It was a good experience and I could definitely feel it in my arms.  I thought I had long days before, but shooting to exhaustion was good for my arms and my aim.  At that point you are just going off of fundamentals and nothing else matters.

A good day of practice.  The only other issue that I'm finding is that now I've shot so much, the arrows punch through the target in places where there are a lot of holes.  There is still a good amount of target left, so I should be okay for this season.  Although I still have to broad head tune the bow, so it will definitely be done after that.  Hunting season is not far away.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment