Monday, August 19, 2013

It's a long way down

Yesterday we stayed out all evening watching fields.  I used my stand for a little more than just practice.  We got out into the field a little after 5 and we stayed out 'til after 9:30.  The tree I picked was a little difficult as it had a split and it also had a branch that was in the way.  I went up just fine even though I had to get around the branch and that included kneeling on the seat.  On the way down however, as I was kneeling on the seat, I ripped the rest of the nylon straps holding it to the frame.  So now I have no seat for my stand, which isn't the worst thing in the world.  I could just use it as is, but I think I'd rather be able to sit down.  Most likely I'll just be buying a replacement seat, but I could rig something up from home that might work.

Overall it was a good experience scouting and even though I didn't see anything, my friend did.  So we know they're out there.  Next time we'll change locations a bit.  Hopefully I'll have a seat by then.  I did get some pictures and tried to take some video, but it's not great so I may or may not post it.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment