Sunday, July 21, 2013

Just a good stretch of the legs.

Went scouting today.  Just looking for a feel of the land and figure out some possible deer spots.  There were a good amount of tracks.  No rubs or scrapes yet, but I think it's a little early for that.  However I'm completely new to scouting for deer, so I don't have a good ground of knowledge to base that off of.  Regardless, it was a nice walk and there are some great spots that I think we're going to find some deer.

I also shot from a tree stand today.  It was a 20 yard shot and I was  trying to aim over a branch without a safety harness on.  Definitely not something I would recommend to anyone.  Especially after trying that, I would certainly have a harness the next time I'm in a stand.  Also make sure you have a shooting lane.  These are all things you learn in the bow hunter's education course and if you do some research it's pretty simple.  But it definitely makes sense when you try it yourself.

The guy that I was with was pretty knowledgeable about the land and he's bow hunted before.  He also turkey hunts the land, so it is definitely good to have all of that experience.

After today I am really looking forward to hunting season and as much effort as this is going to be, I think it will pay off great in the end.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment