Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Twoscore

After a few days break from shooting, I was determined to shoot until I couldn't pull the bow back.  Now I didn't really get that tired, but I definitely shot the most today in one day than I have before.

I started at 40 yards and took a few rounds to see how I was doing.  The results were pretty much just like my first attempts.  I was shooting low and to the side, but the grouping wasn't really good enough to justify pin movement.  I moved the lower pin anyways, and it definitely brought up the center of the grouping.  At that point I moved in to 30 yards and the difference was pretty awesome.  I was a little shaky due to already shooting several rounds, but the groups were all within 5 inches.  Moving in to 15 yards had all my arrows in the 2 inch center ring.

Throughout the movement I noticed a trend of the arrows shooting left.  Obviously this was very noticeable at 40 and tapered off as I got closer.  So I moved the gang left and that cleared up the arrows farther out, but left the closer ranges almost to the right.  My guess is possible movement from the damage of the fletching.  The rest could also be a possible source of error, but I'm going to fix the fletching first and then do some paper testing.

Overall a great day of practice and my progress is pretty awesome.  At 15 yards I can take the shot almost immediately and the more practice I get from farther away the better overall I'll get.  Next thing to try will be getting some elevation.  This weekend I'm going to look into the local pro-shop as well to get my cam lean fixed and my vanes replaced.  Stay tuned for updates on my stabilizer as well (doing a little research and I'm going to talk to the pro-shop when I get the fletchings looked at this weekend).

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment