Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Movin' up in the world.

After a weekend at home and a day or two of rest, I got back to shooting.  On my very first shot, the drop away rest did not rotate.  "You have got to be f****** kidding me..."  So I went through the rest of the round and had no problems.  The next round I made sure to put the one good arrow I was using (all relative as it is missing a full vane, but the other two are spotless.  I mean were spotless...) 3rd.  And it was as if my drop away rest knew which arrow was good and decided "Those fletchings are too nice; time to trash 'em!"  and again it didn't rotate.  So I went inside, slid the vertical adjustment up half a millimeter and then took another very small distance out of the release cable (research is good for you) and it hasn't given me problems since.  I am also extra careful now to pull all the way to full draw and hold it until the release.  I might be pushing on the wall a little bit, but a little pushing won't hurt the limbs.  If it screws up again, I will definitely be calling Hunters Friend and getting a new one.

On that note, another plug for my friends over there: I sent them pictures of my cam lean and I received a prompt reply that was helpful and informative.  Can't say enough about those guys and gals at Hunter's Friend.

So after taking care of that, my groups were alright; usually three real close (touching) and one off by anywheres from an inch to 3 inches.  So I decided to go ahead and start sighting in my pins a little better.  Initially it threw the aim way off (from just below and right of the bull to 7 inches left and 4 or 5 inches above).  And I have it pretty close now.  I was definitely feeling the shooting today, but that's after a few days of working out now and getting back in shape.  I doubt I'll see an affect in another week and a half or so.

That's all for this time.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment