Friday, July 12, 2013

A little bit farther now, a little bit farther now

If you don't get the reference of the title I feel bad for you.  But as it suggests I'm moving back!  I think the top sight pin is almost exactly dialed in for 15 yards, only I don't measure out with a tape every time, so it's unfortunately approximate.  But it should be close.

I did take a round from 30 yards (32 paces or so, long legs = long strides).  I got a picture of it, but I did not upload it last night.  I'll get to it this evening.  I thought it was a pretty darn good group for being the last round after an upper body workout day.  I think with a day of rest and a few warm up shots and I can close it down a lot.  Even still the group was 3 in the 6 to 8 inch diameter circle (again I haven't measured it, but now that I think of it that's a great idea).  The first one was way off because I was using the wrong pin.  I wasn't sure if my 30 yard pin was the last one or the middle one.  Turns out it was the middle.  I was about an inch away from sending that arrow over the target.  But the fact that the others were in the 6 to 8 inch circle was great.  Not as consistent as I would like to see, but again I had already shot a few rounds and it was an upper body day.

It is good that I had a hard time yesterday, though.  I tried to focus on making sure I was against the wall and I tried to keep good form even while I was fatigued.  I think this represents a similar situation if you were hunting and had several tree stands.  If you were going up and down all day and had walked a ways to your stand, you would probably be fatigued.  As long as I keep practicing and working out, when hunting season comes I won't even have to try when drawing the bow.  Everything will be second nature and I won't have to think about anything.

Pictures will be up later.  If you are following this, here's a great blog post about keeping your form: Olympic Archer/Hunter.  It is not just about form, but some great info from some pros.  Also a good resource in general.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment