Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monkey Business

When I first looked into hunting this season, I figured I'd buy the bow and some camouflage and I'd be good to go.  Hunting from the ground wouldn't be too hard if I found a good set-up and always accounted for the wind.  However when I went scouting with my friend, there were a few stands on the property we looked at.  I got to thinking if I could find a used stand for cheap that still worked, I'd grab it.  Well I found one on Sunday and I went and bought it.  $40 later I have a climbing stand that looks to be in relatively good condition.  It has at least one season left in it, if not a few.  The only thing it is missing is that the front of the seat part was cut off, so using it with a bow will probably be easier actually.  But climbing with it could prove interesting.  I am hoping to try it out in the woods behind the house this week, since I will be busy this weekend.  Pictures will be posted soon.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment