Thursday, July 18, 2013

Heat Wave

Today is the second day in a row that it was above 90.  Now that may not seem like much to someone from Texas or Arkansas, but with the humidity it is awful.  Not to mention I'm wearing a hoodie to avoid being eaten alive by mosquitoes.  To add to that, I shot a lot yesterday.  So needless to say after 5 or 6 rounds I was about done practicing for today.

I realized something though.  At 30 yards I can see the target twist or lean way back after a hit and I think "Man, way left." or "Too high."  When I get done with the round and go look at the arrows, they're only 2 or 3 inches out of the group.  I'm expecting it to be 2 or 3 inches from the edge.  It's definitely a nice surprise.  My last round from 40 was pretty awful though.  Two in the center circle, but the other two were way off.

Another good practice day, but I can't wait for the days when I'll be able to shoot with a light shirt on and not be eaten alive by bugs.  Summer can't be over fast enough.  But not too fast.  I need more practice before hunting season starts.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment