Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's a good day

It was a beautiful day when I got home, so I took out the bow.  Yesterday there was a little too much rain and I didn't feel like shooting.  But I had some great results today.  Several close groups at 20 yards and I even started backing up today.  I was shooting from somewhere between 25 and 30 yards and still getting pretty good groups when I had my form down and the bow performed.

The drop-away rest is still not always getting out of the way every time.  So I called the pro shop about it and they were super helpful.  He said they'd get me a new rest if I needed it and they'd take a look at the old one to see if it was a bad rest or what was going on with it.  I also told him about the slight cam lean, but like I told him I'm still relearning everything about compound bows.  And I really am not a good judge of how "bad" the cam lean is.  Overall a super positive experience with the shop so far and this just reinforces my decision to buy from them and to continue dealing with them in the future.

But like I said the groups were good.  Even when the rest did not rotate out of the way, I had two sets of groupings that were right on top of each other.  The last of which I posted on the picture page, so go check that out.  I had a few sets that were all over the target, but I think that I am progressing well for a week in.  We'll see if I can't get the hardware issues figured out.  Then I'll have to invest some money into getting all the fletching replaced.  At that point I think I'll be getting ready to zero in my pins.  It's all pretty exciting and I am really looking forward to hunting season.  Even from this far out.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment