Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Today is the day everyone watches parades, grills burgers, and enjoys the beautiful day it hopefully is, ending the day with a firework display.  At least that's what I grew up doing.  Well I did not go see a parade and we didn't even grill today.  But I did shoot my bow, a lot.  I think I may have figured out the issues of the rest: I realized that I hadn't tightened all of the screws after all of the arrows I've shot.  So I looked at my rest and sure enough, it was loose.  But of course I didn't have the correct size allen wrench.  So I need to go out and get a dedicated set for my bow, not a bad idea in and of itself.  I think that might solve the rest issue because if I remembered to tighten it, I don't think I had a problem with it, but I had to tighten it every other shot because it was only finger tightened.  As for the cam lean still not fixed and I didn't get any pictures, but oh well.  I'll try to get some this weekend.  At this point though, my arrows are really beat up, at least the fletchings are.  I now have two that only have 2 vanes, and a few that have 2 and 1/2 vanes.  I do have 1 pristine arrow left though.  We're keeping that one until I know I've fixed the rest and it won't wreck any more arrows.  Hope everyone had a great Independence Day and have a good weekend.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment