Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tree Trouble

I tried out my tree stand today.  It was quite an experience as it was my first time using a climbing stand.  I have only shot from a stand once before a few weekends ago with my buddy.  The prognoses: 

The stand works.

It doesn't work well, and it's even falling apart.  One of the six straps that attach the seat to the stand ripped.  There are a few others that look ready to go as well.  I'm hoping I can find an easy and cheap, yet reliable fix.  I could just get another seat, but I'd rather use either materials I have around the house or something really cheap from Walmart.  BUT it does work.  Once I fix the seat I will also rig up a better foot system as the current straps are way too far back and are just cumbersome. 

My shooting out of the stand is a subject that is best left to the abyss of lost souls and broken dreams.  AKA my shooting was absolutely terrible.  Now granted I have taken a week or two off due to work getting busy and making excuses for why I wasn't shooting.  But it was still bad.  Worse than the first day I started shooting.  Pictures of the stand will be up within the weekend.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment